Thursday, October 24, 2013

RIBS


First these are not my ribs in the photo but pretty close.


A friend of mine told me of this recipe and it turned out perfect.

Ribs
Salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
any flavors BBQ sauce ( I used Honey)

Grill
Dutch oven


My husband and I made this one together. We warmed up our charcoal grill and set your oven to 375. 
Cut the rack of ribs in half then rubbed on some salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and tossed it on the grill for a quick sear. To get the outside of the rib brown. Once the ribs are browned we  took them to the cutting board and cut them into there own little ribs. placing the seared and cut ribs in the dutch oven (my dutch oven does not have legs) pour the BBQ sauce to cover the ribs and not to waste the sauce that is stuck in the bottle i filled the bottle with about 2 inches of water swishing it around and poured that in as well. Placing the lid on and sliding it in to the oven for 2 1/2 hours. I did half way through cooking rotate the ribs.
after the 2 1/2 hours you have beautiful easy ribs 
wonderful with potato's, rice and sweet carrots( recipe to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment